Bourhis Law Group is proud to be unique in the insurance law industry. We have handled the most important cases in the Long Term Disability insurance field – including the landmark Hangarter v. Provident Life and Acc. Ins. Co. and McGregor v. Paul Revere Life Insurance Company cases. We know this field inside out. Our long history of fighting for the benefits owed to insurance policyholders includes:
- A track record of seven figure verdicts and punitive damage awards.
- Hundreds of publications on the topic of long term disability insurance bad faith denials.
- Publication and national exposure of the first book documenting long term disability insurance bad faith actions and the effect such denials have on consumers (Insult to Injury: The Big Business of Bad Faith).
- Contribution to long term disability insurance bad faith exposés by 60 Minutes, Dateline, and other media outlets.
- Working with state insurance regulators and the government to change laws to protect consumers.
- A highly respected reputation among peers and major disability insurers in the business.
We are selective in the cases we accept as our focus on Long Term Disability insurance bad faith denials of individual (private or ERISA) claims is distinct. By limiting our Area of Practice we are able to obtain large, prompt, superior settlements for our clients.
Please contact us for a free case review to discuss your claim.